Authentic Digital Limited (a private limited company registered in England with number 08327127 whose registered office is at 3 Filers Way, Weston Gateway Business Park, Weston-Super-Mare, North Somerset BS24 7JP)("We") are the controller of your Personal Data and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Legal Basis for processing
We collect and use the personal data described below in order to provide you with access to our Service in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use personal data:
- For our legitimate business needs (which includes providing our Service to you where we do not have a contract in place with you); promoting our business and informing our marketing strategy; enforcing our legal and contractual rights; improving our Service for the benefit of you and other Users; IT and network security and prevention of fraud.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we process your personal data for any other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
Information we may hold about you.
We may collect, receive and process the following information about you.
Information you give us. If you decide to register with or use the Service you will provide your name, email address and contact details.
Information we collect about you. Each time you use the Service we may automatically collect information about your device and your usage of our Service which may qualify as Personal Data, for example:
- Technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Service, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Service, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- We may also collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g. gender and location) to assist in providing the Service to you. Non-personally identifiable information by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you. However, this information may be combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified.
Information we obtain from other sources. We also collect information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the services we provide or from publicly available sources. We may combine this information with personal data provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyse our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. We also use this for the purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion and profiling, determining eligibility and verifying contact information. The Personal Data we collect includes:
- Publicly available information about you; such as information published about you, for example by Companies House, including postal address, job title, email address, phone number, professional or employment-related information, education information and commercial information.
- Internet activities: internet data (or user behavioural data), IP addresses, internet activity information and inferences about your preferences and behaviour.
- Social media profiles: information published about you on social media profiles such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
Information collected by third parties. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, email notification providers, system security providers, hosting providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
View our list of 3rd party services
Uses made of Information
We will only use information held about you for the following purposes:
- To understand and improve the Service we provide to you.
- To ensure that content from our Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests and sending you emails and messages about invoicing and account management.
- To administer your account and keep track of billing and payments.
- To keep the Service secure by investigating and preventing abuse and fraud.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you (or your business/employer) and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you (or your business/employer) request from us.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Service about services that may interest you or them.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We will not sell or rent your Personal Data to anyone.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your Personal Data with the following third parties:
- any entity or regulator to which we are under a legal duty to disclose or share your Personal Data.
- our professional advisors, such as our lawyers, accountants and tax advisors.
- any entity to which we sell our business or assets (or a substantial part of the same).
- We also engage certain third party service providers to supply the hardware infrastructure, storage and associated services for us to provide, improve and optimise the Service. All Personal Data submitted to third parties will be either anonymised or encrypted using SSL technology, and such service providers will only use your Personal Data in accordance with our instructions.
Consent. We will only use your name and email address to send marketing communications to you, where you have “opted in” to receive such communications or where we are entitled to send you information about our similar goods and services under applicable law. You may elect to stop receiving our marketing emails at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in such emails.
If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, please click on the opt out options included in emails or the Service and we will remove you from our mailing lists.
Protection of your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Where we store your Personal Data - for EU and UK Customers only
We always ensure that your information is only transferred in full accordance with applicable data protection law. In particular, this means that your information will only be transferred to a country that provides an adequate level of protection (for example, because the European Commission or the UK data protection authorities have determined that a country provides an adequate level of protection) or the recipient is bound by standard contractual clause according to conditions provided by the European Commission or applicable laws in the UK.
Our Service is accessible via the Internet and may potentially be accessed by any user around the world. Other users may access the Service from outside the EEA or the UK. This means that where you chose to upload your data to the Service, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA or the UK may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose.
You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
Access to information. You have the right to access information held about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please log in and correct that data. If you are unable to do so please email email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to deletion, rectification and data export. We permit you to delete, rectify and export information you have provided to us, in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format subject to the conditions of our Customer Terms and our legal obligations set out below.
Restriction or Objection to processing.
You have the right to request a restriction on or object to our processing of your Personal Data.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any time.
We retain Personal Data for as long as we provide the Services to you or your account remains open. However, we may keep some data after your account is closed or you cease using the Service, for the purposes set out below.
After you have closed your account we may retain Personal Data where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, resolve disputes, enforce our Customer Terms, offer new features you may be interested in, or fulfil your request to “unsubscribe” from further messages from us. If none of these obligations apply we will delete Personal Data within 12 months of your account being closed.
You also have the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority:
For individuals located in the UK: The Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF, England.
For all other individuals: Your local data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you are located.